Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Apple Crisp Recipe {And Apple Picking Party}


One of my favorite Fall activities is apple picking! Over the years, my husband and I have been hosting an annual Apple Picking Party with our family and friends.  I look forward to this event every year.  It is like Christmas morning for me in October.  It all started years ago with just Bill, myself and my parents.  This year we had 16 fun, excited and apple loving friends and family members join us in this ultimate occasion.

Bill and I hosting our Annual Apple Picking Party {Look at all of those apples behind us! YUMMY}


For the Apple Picking Party, we all meet at my favorite apple orchard, Nashoba Valley Winery, to kick off the fall celebration.  This place is amazing.  Throughout the seasons their orchards are always full of delicious fruits, such as apples, plums, and peaches.  In addition to their beautiful orchards, they brew their own beer, make wines, have tours of the wine making process, wine tastings, and a huge shop.  Another perk to picking your apples at Nashoba Valley Winery is that you can drink their beer and wine on their entire property.  So, this is how I am able to get all of the guys involved too because they can pick apples with a beer in hand! Who doesn’t love that?!?!

Group Action Shot

After our apple picking extravaganza, we head back to my house for lots of hearty fall foods and of course apple crisp dessert.  This is my mother’s recipe and it is always the perfect way to cap off the party.  I hope you enjoy and are inspired to host your own apple picking party next year!

Apple Crisp Recipe
Serves 8-10
Preheat Oven 375o

4 cups sliced apples (6 medium)
2/3 – 3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
1/3 cup soft margarine or butter

Place apples in a greased 8 inch square or 1/2 quart baking dish. Blend ingredients together with a fork until crumbly.  Sprinkle the topping all over the apples. 

Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.

Enjoy apple crisp warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...