Monday, July 18, 2011

Beer Dip Recipe



I cannot believe I have never come across this recipe before at a party or in my recipe searches.  It is so easy and a HUGE crowd pleaser.  Our families got together for Father’s Day and I wanted to try a new recipe for the party.  What better dish to bring to a Father’s Day party than one that involves beer?  The beer taste is distinctive, yet subtle, and complemented by the cheeses and ranch spices nicely.  It only took minutes to whip up this dip in my trusty kitchen aid, but definitely gave a punch of bold layered flavors.


I definitely recommend this dip for the next party you are attending or hosting.  Serve it with pretzels, carrots, or celery sticks. 

Beer Dip Recipe
Recipe from Allrecipes

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 package ranch dressing mix
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup beer (I used Guinness)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, dressing mix and cayenne.  Stir in Cheddar cheese and then slowly incorporate the beer into the mixture. 

Cover the bowl, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight if possible to allow all of the flavors to meld together! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...