Friday, July 8, 2011

Monkey Bread Recipe

  
 Hello everyone! It has been a while and I apologize for that.  Our home computer just crashed and we had to get it repaired.  Of course through all of the computer shenanigans, I was cooking and baking up a storm to keep up the blog.  Fingers crossed we don’t have any additional computer glitches in the future!

Ok, enough of that computer talk and onto the main attraction; Monkey Bread!  Wow is this stuff good.  My college friend just had her first child and we all got together for breakfast at her house.  I made monkey bread and it was a huge hit.  The buttery caramel sauce coated around each soft, chewy, cinnamon dough bite is what we all dream of waking up to in the morning....or at least I do! 




This bread is not only delicious, but lots of fun to eat.  My girlfriends and I just sat around the plate talking, watching the baby and pulling off one piece of bread at a time.  Who doesn’t love finger foods!

Monkey Bread Recipe
Makes 1 bread

1 dough (I used my pizza dough recipe)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cup)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Grease a 9-10 inch tube (bundt) pan. 

In a bowl, mix white sugar and cinnamon together.  Take your dough and pull off walnut sized pieces.  Roll each piece into the cinnamon/sugar mixture.  Once each dough piece is coated, place into your greased bundt pan.  Continue to layer your bread until you have gone through all of the dough.

In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat.  Bring it to a boil for 1 minute to melt the sugar completely.  Pour the butter mixture over the layered dough.

Bake for 25-30 minutes.  Let the bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then carefully turn it out onto a plate.

Pull it apart and enjoy!

Tips:

1)      Feel free to add walnuts, pecans, raisins, crasins, etc.  It would be delicious with these
added treats.  Just make sure to layer this in with the dough as you are stacking up your
bread. 
2)      Next time I make this, I am thinking about also making a chocolate dipping sauce to
accompany the soft chewy bread bites!
3)      If you don’t feel like making the dough, you can also use the premade doughs, or cans
of refrigerated biscuits (like Pillsbury)    
4)        I am thinking that if I put the cinnamon/sugar combo in a plastic bag and put the dough pieces in there, it might eliminate the rolling process and save a bit of time. 

P.S.  Don’t you love my friend’s plate!!!  So pretty!

1 comment:

  1. It was SO GOOD! And sounds much easier to make than it looks. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...