Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spicy Oatmeal Banana Cookie Recipe


I promise this is the last banana recipe post for a while.  For some reason we had tons of very ripe bananas, and you all know how I don't like to waste food I purchased with my hard earned money.  These spicy oatmeal banana cookies are so good and the best part is you don't feel guilty eating them.  They have a soft chewy texture from the oatmeal and a nice subtle banana flavor mixed with cinnamon and nutmeg. 



I made my cookies on the smaller side with a 1 tablespoon scooper.  This made them a fun bit size cookie packed with a lot of flavor.  These cookie scoopers are so much fun to use and help save so much time while scooping out batches of cookies.  I got mine as a gift (thanks Mom and Dad) and use it all the time!  



Spicy Oatmeal Banana Cookie Recipe
Recipe modified from All Recipes
Preheat oven to 400o

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup butter
1 egg, beaten
1 banana
1 3/4 cups rolled oats

In a large bowl, mix sugar and butter until creamy.  Add in the egg until well blended.  Next, add the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. In a separate bowl mash the banana and add to the cookie mixture.  Then stir in the oatmeal until well incorporated. Scoop out rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from baking sheet to cool on wire racks. Enjoy!

Tips:
       1) Investing in a cookie scooper will save you lots of time in preparing your cookies.  I am all about saving my time and money while cooking and this is a time saver that will pay for itself quickly.  They come in all different sizes and are so easy to use and clean.
       2) Next time I make these cookies I might add some walnuts or mini chocolate chips
       3) These also freeze well.    

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I need to put this recipe into my stash for when the baby comes. Anything with oats in it is supposed to really help with nursing and milk supply. These will be the perfect snack to have on hand at all times!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...