Saturday, April 9, 2011

Banana Nut Brownies Recipe

 

I am going bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S! 

After I made the Banana Maple Oat scones the other week I still had lots of ripe bananas to bake with.  I went straight to work researching some more new delicious recipes to share with you all.  When I found these banana nut brownies I was very intrigued.  I am a huge fan of brownies.  They are so fun because you can add anything to them (nuts, chocolate chips, candy bars, peanut better, etc.) and they always come out great! 



They were so easy to whip up.   They have a strong chocolate flavor complemented by the soft bananas and crunchy nuts.  I even added some chocolate chips to the recipe.  My husband took these brownies with him to his hockey game and they were a big hit with his team.  The team had a shut out, and I would like to think my brownies had something to do with it! They are magical. 



Banana Nut Brownies Recipe
Recipe from All Recipes
Preheat oven to 350o

1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons baking cocoa
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed ripe banana
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chocolate chips

In a bowl, combine butter, sugar and cocoa. Stir in eggs, milk and vanilla. Blend in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in bananas, nuts and chocolate chips

Pour into a greased 9x13baking pan. Bake at 350o for 40-45 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool on a wire rack.

Tips:
      1)  Always make sure to test your brownies when they come out of the oven.  Mine weren't quite done to my liking when the timer went off. 
      2)  The nuts and chocolate chips are optional.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...