Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cranberry White Chocolate Baked French Toast Recipe


One of my favorite parts of grocery shopping is walking by the bakery section and smelling all of the fresh baked bread.  I have very, very, very little self restraint when it comes to bread.  So I find myself bringing home a large loaf of fresh baked French bread for just Bill and I.  Even for me this is a lot of bread for two people.  It is always amazing the day of, but I have a difficult time keeping it fresh over the next few days.  So I came up with this baked French toast recipe to use up my day old bread. 


Baked French toast is delicious and less hassle than making typical French toast.  Just throw it all into a baking dish, let it sit over night and then put it in the oven.  Baked French toasts are perfect for a brunch as it allows you to enjoy your time with your guests while the oven does all of the work, but you end up with the flavors of a French toast.  Feel free to mix up the cranberries and white chocolate with any other flavors that you enjoy. 

Cranberry White Chocolate Baked French Toast Recipe
Preheat oven to 350o

1/2 loaf French bread, day old and cut into chunks
4 eggs
2/3 cup milk (I used Skim)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chip chunks

Place the French bread chunks into an 8X8 baking dish. 

In a medium sized bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.  Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread.  Next, sprinkle the cranberries and white chocolate chunks over the bread egg mixture.  If necessary, use a spoon and stir the bread so that it is evenly coated with the egg mixture.

Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.  When ready, bake for 25-30 minutes until top is golden brown.

Serve warm and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...